Live Event Updates
Well what an incredible 2019 Mogul Ski World Australian Interschools Snowsports Championships!
- 334 Schools
- 3674 event entries
- 315 Volunteers
Thank you to all of the Competitors, Families, Schools and Volunteers that took part in the Australian Championships over past 5 days.
Thanks also to Mt Buller, Mogul Ski World, Karbon 2XU, XTM, BodyIce, Camp Quality, DWA and Ski and Snowboard Australia
Congratulations to our Champion Schools
- Secondary Boys The Scots College
- Secondary Girls St Catherines
- Secondary Co-Ed Snowy Mountains Grammar
- Primary Boys The Scots College Prep
- Primary Girls St Catherines
- Primary Co-Ed Jindabyne Central School
Be sure to go to https://photoshopmtbuller.com.au to see the amazing images of the 2019 Mogul Ski World Australian Interschools Snowsports Championships.
We wish you all safe travels home and a successful finish to the school year.
The National Interschools Committee have adopted a rule banning High Fluoro wax and Fluorocarbon liquid sprays at all ski and snowboard Interschools events. The contributing factors to this rule coming into place are:
- Recommendation from the Ski and Snowboard Australia Alpine Committee
- Desire to create a more even playing field in an entry level event such as Interschools
- FIS are moving to a ban on High Fluoro wax in the 2020 season
- North American and European countries shift away from High Fluoro wax at Junior levels
- Minimise the possible environmental and health impact of using High Fluoro wax
While the rule will be based on an honour system and peer group review, Event Organisers reserve the right to inspect or test waxing practices in the interest of fairness.
Whilst traces of High Fluoro wax may exist on skis from a previous event deliberate Hi Fluoro waxing the night prior or on the day of the event is prohibited. Reports from local tuning shops will also be sought.
The National Interschools Committee has every confidence that participating schools, parents and competitors will respect this new rule.
During the 2019 Mogul Ski World Australian Interschools Snpowsports Championships all event related information will be published first on the Live Event Updates page. SMS subscribers will then receive a text regarding any highly important updates. The Live Event Updates page can be accessed on your phone at
To subscribe to SMS alerts text snow to 0447 100 275. To unsubscribe from the SMS alerts text stop snow to 0447 100 275
The Day Car park buses schedule
7am to 7pm Wednesday 4th to Sunday 8th (Friday extended to 8pm due to Chamois twilight event and Fireworks)
Intra-village shuttles schedule
• Wednesday 4th September: 6:45am – 6pm
• Thursday 5th September: 6:45am – 10pm
• Friday 6th September: 6:45am – 8pm
• Saturday 7th September: 6:45am – 10pm
• Sunday 8th September: 6:45am – 6pm
Bib and lift ticket distribution including volunteers will take place as follows:
- Tuesday 3rd 3-6pm Alpine Central Level 6
- Wed 4th-Sun 8th from 7-9.30am Alpine Central Level 6
- Wed 4th to Sat 7th from 4-5pm Alpine Central Level 6
Mountain Collective members that would like to purchase 50% discounted lift passes must go to the Sale Yards Lift Ticket office at the bottom of Bourke St Express in the centre of the Mt Buller Village.
The 2019 Mogul Ski World Australian Interschools Snowsports Championships Volunteer List by School has been published on the Important Documents page of the website.
The 2019 Mogul Ski World Australian Interschools Snowsports Championships Detailed Event Schedule has been published. Over 3640 event entries from a record of 334 Schools from across Australia will compete.
It’s here! The 2020 Season Membership is ON SALE NOW and the Early Bird rate is still frozen for the 7th year in a row - ONLY $799 for adults $449 for kids!
The snow quality is great right now, creating fun conditions for skiers and snowboarders. BUY NOW and ski and board for the rest of the season – and make the most of the spring goodness!
Your 2020 Season Membership includes a mountain of benefits:
• Unlimited lift access for 2020 PLUS all of Spring 2019
• Become part of the Mountain Collective
• Access to amazing pass and accommodation offers at Mt Buller’s International Sister Resorts
• Discounts on lessons, rental and more
• Great discounts for your friends this Spring
Following similar rule directions around the world at Junior Alpine Ski Racing the complete stop rule has been implemented at the Victorian and Australian Interschools in 2019.
A racer abandons if he or she comes to a complete stop on the course. The racer must exit to the side of the course as soon as possible to avoid interfering with the next racers run. They will
record a DNF for that run.
- A racer if impeded by a course worker, another skier or a gate down etc they may pull off to the side of the course, not go through the finish and request a re-run.
- If a competitor misses a gate and does not come to a complete stop can skate up and around the missed gate and continue.
- In the event of a competitor losing a ski without coming to a complete the competitor may choose to continue on one ski.
The 2019 Australian Interschools will be run under the Victorian Interschools rules. Key changes to the rules are
- Best of two run format for Moguls at the Nationals.
- No race suits in Div 5 or 6
- No High Fluoro wax rule
- A racer abandons if he or she comes to a complete stop on the course. The racer must exit to the side of the course as soon as possible to avoid interfering with the next racers run. They will record a DNF for that run.
The 2019 Multiclass Nationals event will be held on Friday the 6th of September at Mt Buller. Participants in the 2019 Victorian and NSW Multiclass events are invited to take part in this great event. For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
The 2019 Australian Interschools Snowsports Championships will be hosted at Mt Buller from September 4-8. The Summary Event Schedule has been published and can be found on the Important Documents page of the website.
As well as being snow travel experts, the team at Mogul Ski World are all avid skiers and boarders. Many have been riding since they were young children and have, over the years, imparted that enthusiasm to their children. That's why Mogul Ski World is so passionate about tailoring snow holidays that create those precious memorable experiences.
Considering an overseas snow trip this winter? We'll take the hard work out of planning your next family holiday, and help organise the perfect itinerary for you so that you can relax and enjoy the lifelong memories. Book now to enjoy unbeatable early bird rates on family packages for the upcoming Dec/Jan snow season! Hurry - these great deals end August 31!