High Fluoro wax rule
The National Interschools Committee have adopted a rule banning High Fluoro wax and Fluorocarbon liquid sprays at all ski and snowboard Interschools events. The contributing factors to this rule coming into place are:
- Recommendation from the Ski and Snowboard Australia Alpine Committee
- Desire to create a more even playing field in an entry level event such as Interschools
- FIS are moving to a ban on High Fluoro wax in the 2020 season
- North American and European countries shift away from High Fluoro wax at Junior levels
- Minimise the possible environmental and health impact of using High Fluoro wax
While the rule will be based on an honour system and peer group review, Event Organisers reserve the right to inspect or test waxing practices in the interest of fairness.
Whilst traces of High Fluoro wax may exist on skis from a previous event deliberate Hi Fluoro waxing the night prior or on the day of the event is prohibited. Reports from local tuning shops will also be sought.
The National Interschools Committee has every confidence that participating schools, parents and competitors will respect this new rule.